One Health Collaborating Center Universitas Gadjah Mada proudly present “Komodo and Wildlife One Health Online Summer Course 2021”. The summer course is implemented to improve knowledge and skills in zoonotic disease identification especially from komodo dragon using One Health approach. Lectures will be given by international speakers from Indonesia, Vietnam, Philippines, Thailand, Japan, Taiwan, Australia, Belgium, France, Germany, and USA. We also provide practical session with group discussion, group work & presentation, and virtual visit to Komodo National Park!
This program is open for all students and professionals from Indonesia and abroad. Veterinary sciences, animal sciences, forestry, biology, agriculture, geography, and any subject related are welcome.
Our Course Topics
Session 1 – One Health
1. Introduction and identification of One Health approach on zoonotic disease control and prevention in wildlife
2. One Health soft skills
3. One Health in Southeast Asia
4. Practice on wildlife, spatial modelling and diseases mapping using One Health approach
Session 2 – Wildlife
1. Introduction on wildlife
2. Biodiversity of disease reservoir, health, and society
3. Blood parasites in wildlife
4. Wildlife management system, rescue, and care center for komodo
Session 3 – Zoonotic Diseases
1. Global spread parasites at the human-wildlife interface
2. Disease transmission between human and wildlife in the Philippines
3. Zoonotic diseases from wildlife in Vietnam
4. Surveillance and control of zoonoses in wildlife: qualitative risk assessment and outbreak investigations
Session 4 – Komodo
1. Introduction on komodo
2. Komodo and environment: the ecology of komodo
3. Komodo and environment: the habitat of komodo
4. Wildlife reservoir of diseases: monitoring komodo wildlife population
Session 5 – Disease Identification
1. Introduction molecular technique for disease detection
2. Identification of parasite zoonoses
3. Immunodetection in wildlife
4. New Generation Sequencing (NGS) theory of Illumina and practice in wildlife
5. Application of MinION
Session 1 – Introduction on komodo
Session 2 – Parasite identification on komodo and camera trap use in wildlife
Session 3 – Practice on wildlife, spatial modelling and disease mapping (drone usage in wildlife research)
Session 4 – Molecular technique for disease detection (sequencing analysis)
Session 5 – OH-SMART participatory leadership and critical facility (self awareness)
Session 6 – OH-SMART participatory leadership and critical facility (active listening and cultural)
Understanding of basic principles, methods, clinical applications, and ethics as well as research methods in molecular biology using One Health approach in context of identification of microbiomes come from komodo and wildlife.
Understading of wildlife management and basic principles of animal welfare, conservation, and wildlife rescue.
Development of leadership character, mindset, and attitude of cross-disciplinary collaboration, cross culture, and cross countries for field of zoonotic disease diagnosis cross sectors and wildlife conservation.
Using of molecular approach for learning, cross-disciplinary collaboration research, cross culture, and cross countries for field of zoonotic disease diagnosis cross sectors and wildlife conservation.
March 01, 2021
Deadline Early Bird
April 16, 2021
June 21, 2021
Early Bird Fee
Special offer for the IVSA member (exclude Indonesia) will get 5% discount for the registration fee
You can transfer the registration fee to the account bellow:
Account Name: ONE HEALTH/ECOHEALTH RESOURCE CENTER
Account Number: 454237987
Bank Name: Bank Negara Indonesia
Branch Name: UGM Yogyakarta
SWIFT Code: BNINIDJAUGM
Register and complete the form here
Upload payment proof
Upload the latest photograph
Upload ID/KTP and student card* (Indonesian)
Upload passport (foreinger)
Declaration letter (for IVSA member)
We will update the information soon, so keep stay tuned!!